We are in fact allergic to daylight.
2. You can become one of us by drinking our blood.
Ridiculous! As if we’d willingly let you feed on us like livestock.
3. Vampires are made, not born.
Real vampires –purebloods– have bloodlines dating back to the dawn of time and are perfectly capable of procreation although we do not propagate as easily as humans and rabbits.
4. One bite is sufficient to transfigure a human, making them a mixed blood vampire.
Incorrect, again. If everyone we fed on was turned, your species would no longer exist. Obviously.
5. We are actually demons from hell who cower at the sign of the cross and burst into flames when on holy land.
Fun fact: We made that up to help you sleep better at night. It worked.
6. You have to invite us in.
Yeah, we made that up too. Humans are so gullible!
7. We do not age and live forever.
Kind of slow, aren’t you? See #3. Not only can we procreate, we can age– very slowly.
8. Vampires cannot eat human food.
Correction– We do not need it to survive. However, we are a highly evolved species with a fully developed digestive track. Wine and chocolate. Need I say more?
9. We sleep in coffins.
This is a pathetic measure of the desperate few. Most of us have enough self-respect and wealth to avoid sleeping in a wooden box.
10. Vampires do not cast a reflection and cannot change their appearance.
Thankfully, not true. Imagine spending the next 700 years with the same hairstyle? Now that is a scary thought!
* Originally posted at http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspot.com